- Join Mount Isa’s only community based not-for-profit, Speech Pathology provider!
- Enjoy an attractive base salary starting from $94,544 (commensurate with experience) PLUS super and up to $15,900 salary sacrificing!
- Excellent benefits on offer, including flexible working environment, 17.5% leave loading, 5 weeks annual leave, annual return flight home, paid professional development days and relocation assistance!
Come for the life experience, stay for the Lifestyle!
A rare opportunity is available for full-time Senior Speech Pathologist to join the North and West Remote Health in Mount Isa. 1 or 2 year contracts available.
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery or a new adventure, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution.
As part of a supportive, diverse, and multidisciplinary team, you’ll provide speech pathology services in collaboration with a range of other specialists. You'll get to provide therapy based on clinical need without the barriers that are often present in private practice funding.
You will work with a rural generalist caseload, set your own schedule and have the chance to see the real difference your work makes as you enable rural communities to live and receive high-quality holistic care.
The successful applicant will play an additional key role in the team, through mentoring and supervising early career Speech Pathologist.
- Mentor other Speech pathologists in a growing SP team;
- Support student placements;
- Administer standardised and informal assessments and observe clients to determine the nature and extent of their speech, language, communication and/or swallowing difficulties;
- Provide individualised therapy plans that meet client goals across the lifespan;
- Deliver family centred early childhood intervention strategies.
For further questions about Mount Isa or the position, please contact Bret Appel on 07 4744 7600 or [email protected]
Skills and experience:
You will need to be registered with Speech Pathology Australia, and have a passion for providing quality healthcare to rural communities.
- Minimum of three years working with in the speech pathology profession
- Enjoy supporting and mentoring less-experienced clinicians
- Present strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Have experience in achieving some great outcomes
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and a strong work ethic, being confident to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
In addition you will need (or be eligible):
- A combined blue card & NDIS worker screening
- A current, unrestricted 'C' class Australian Driver's Licence; and
- The right to live and work in Australia
Why join our team?
We pride ourselves on growing our clinicians to be the best versions of themselves and providing career progression opportunities.
We have a great team culture with many early career professionals across our business; this allows for strong friendships to be formed and a wealth of peer support to be provided
- You'll have ongoing mentorship and support available and the opportunity to choose your own external mentor.
- This opportunity will allow you to grow your leadership skills, whilst maintaining your clinical caseload.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role; and
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
For more information and to apply https://nwrh.applynow.net.au/jobs/NWRH85
Contact Officer: Bret Appel, 07 4744 7600, [email protected]