- Yorke and Northern Local Health Network, various locations across region
- Salary $86,950 - $100,729 p.a. (pro rata) - AHP2 Temporary Part Time (33.75 hrs p.w.) up to 30 June 2025
- Physiotherapists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists encouraged to apply
An exciting opportunity is available for a Health and Wellbeing Advisor who will join our team in providing a range of services appropriate to the needs of the local community.
The Health and Wellbeing Advisor will draw on their clinical experience and increasingly generalist and/or specialist clinical knowledge and professional competence within the allied health profession, such as physiotherapy, social work, occupational therapy, to plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive and integrated range of services to improve outcomes. Working under reduced clinical direction and may contribute to the clinical supervision of less experienced allied health professionals, allied health assistants and students.
As a member of a multi-professional team, including health professionals and service providers from other sectors, the Health and Wellbeing Advisor utilises a combination of preventative, early intervention, treatment/therapy and evaluation approaches. This role assists in achieving program key performance indicators:
- contributing significantly to the design, conduct and coordination of lifestyle and risk factor programs
- undertaking screening and assessments of clients and working within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve sustainable behavioural and lifestyle changes in accordance with client goals and funding contracts
- working with individuals and groups of people to reduce the impact and severity of preventable chronic conditions using a clustered risk factor approach Qualifications
Please refer to the job pack below for more detailed information on the position, qualifications and requirements.
A career in the Yorke and Northern Local Health Network offers many great lifestyle benefits, including diverse job prospects and the opportunity to fast track your skills and career, not to mention your choice of scenery from farm, ocean, vineyards and the Southern Flinders ranges. View the below videos for more information about working for Yorke and Northern Local Health Network
Yorke and Northern LHN - We care for you
Work with us - Yorke and Northern LHN
In addition to the annual salary and entitlements (superannuation & leave loading), we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, watch a short video about what salary packaging is. For information about Relocation Support working for SA Health can be found here.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and appropriate immunisation requirements.
- DHS Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- DHS National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Worker Check
- National Police Certificate (NPC) for employment involving unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups required for this position (E.g. aged care employment or work involving vulnerable clients)
Immunisation Risk for this position is - Category B (indirect contact with blood or body substances)
SA Health Services are required to implement the Addressing vaccine-preventable disease: Occupational Assessment, screening and Vaccination policy in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 11 December 2023
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref:840314.
Contact: Barbara Daw, Patient Journey Team Leader, Phone: 0481 476 222, [email protected]