SARRAH Honorary Member Award nominations are open and will be presented at the 2018 SARRAH National Conference in Darwin, Northern Territory on Friday, 14 September, 2018.
About the SARRAH Honorary Life Member Award
The SARRAH Honorary Life Member Award is a rare and prestigious honour bestowed on an individual or organisation for their outstanding and exceptional contribution to SARRAH through their leadership, guidance and personal time and cost to further the development, growth and sustainability of SARRAH.
Recipients of the award are members who are leaders in advocating for rural and remote allied health reform who have surpassed expectations and gone above and beyond to support SARRAH membership; providing continuous and exemplary years of service to persistently advance the work SARRAH does in line with achieving its mission and objectives.
Process for a SARRAH Honorary Life Member Award
• All nominators have to complete and submit a nomination letter, attaching all relevant supporting documentation
• Nominations are reviewed for fulfilling all required conditions of entry and then forwarded to the SARRAH CEO in the first instance
• The SARRAH CEO will refer all accepted nominations to the SARRAH board for consideration
• The SARRAH Honorary Life Member Award recipient is determined by a two-thirds majority vote of Board members involved in the award selection process
• All nominations and matters related to nominees are confidential with only the final decision announced publically
• SARRAH Honorary Life Member awards are typically awarded to recipients at the SARRAH national conference or at the SARRAH summit
Conditions of entry
• The SARRAH Honorary Life Membership Award is open to any individual who is a registered individual member of SARRAH.
• Nominations can be made by anyone, but nominees must be existing SARRAH members, or become one prior to nomination
• Self-nominations by members will not be accepted
• Nominations must fulfil all the required information and documentation, including corroborated evidence of the contribution being nominated for and signed references from authoritative sources
• Nominations must be accompanied by a recent, updated CV and a high resolution, electronic photograph of the nominee that can be used for publicity purposes
• Nominations may be submitted at any time throughout the year
• Selection and entry decisions are final and remain at the discretion of SARRAH, the board and any judges or judging panel engaged
• The board reserves the right to award none or any amount of SARRAH Honorary Life Member Awards in any given year
SARRAH members who have been awarded Honorary Life Membership:
|Award Recipient||Year of Award||Where|
|Michael Bishop||2008||Yeppoon, QLD|