"Advocacy, Support and Professional Development for Current & Future
Rural and Remote Allied Health Professionals"
SARRAH’s primary objective is to advocate for, develop and provide services to enable Allied Health Professionals who live and work in rural and remote areas of Australia to confidently and competently carry out their professional duties in providing a variety of health services to rural and remote Australians.
SARRAH’s ongoing vision is to continue to assist with and enhance further development of a networked membership which is proud, passionate, valued and connected with their communities and partnerships, and through this become recognised and influential in policy development and service delivery.
SARRAH’s vision is of an association whose members are:
- proud to be allied health professionals;
- passionate about rural and remote health;
- valued and recognised as a vital and necessary part of rural and remote health;
- connected to the communities they serve;
- is influential on health policy; and
- collaborates with other organisations in pursuit of the primary objective.
The articulation of the fundamental values that distinguish SARRAH as an organisation is important to underpin the achievement of SARRAH’s primary objective and the prioritisation of organisational activities and resource allocation. This articulation of values we call “our” perspective includes actions such as:
- Advocacy; and
SARRAH provides individual rural and remote allied health professionals with opportunities to inform and influence by contributing “our” perspective to policy and planning processes that govern service delivery to rural and remote communities with the ultimate goal being enhanced community health outcomes. “Our” perspective is demonstrated by qualities such as:
- Valuing the individual grass roots allied health professional;
- Achievement orientation;
- Connectedness to community; and
- Can-do attitude.