Bushfire recovery

Links for Health Professionals Supporting Health Care in Bushfire Affected Communities

Volunteering Opportunities

The Federal Government has put in place emergency protocols to expedite the process of getting GPs and allied health professionals to bushfire-affected communities where they are needed most.
The Department of Health and Department of Human Services will prioritise all applications from health professionals who want to work in bushfire-affected communities. Allied health professionals can work at a new practice for up to two weeks using their existing Medicare provider number.

Health professionals wishing to offer support to bushfire affected areas should contact their relevant Rural Workforce Agency (RWA):

RWA Victoria: firerelief@rwav.com.au or call 03 9349 7800
NSW Rural Doctors Network website or call 02 4924 8001
Rural Doctors Workforce Agency SA: rdwalocum@ruraldoc.com.au or call 08 8234 8277
Emerging Minds: Community Trauma Toolkit

This toolkit contains resources to help and support adults and children before, during, and after a disaster or traumatic event. It will help you understand some of the impacts of disaster and how you can help lessen these impacts.